SENATOR BECKER CONVENES THE SENATE SUBCOMMITTEE HEARING ON GRID RELIABILITY
What must California do to ensure grid reliability while also reducing use of fossil fuels? Senator Josh Becker, chair of the Senate Subcommittee on Clean Energy Future, held a hearing to explore the issue. Senator Becker and subcommittee members heard from energy and clean power experts, including the California Independent System Operator, in seeking ideas for an initial policy toolkit of renewable solutions to maintain grid reliability.
The entire hearing is available in via the viewing pane.
Here is the list of the speakers who testified at the hearing:
- Mark Rothleder, Chief Operating Officer, California Independent System Operator (CAISO)
California ISO 2022 Summer Loads and Resources Assessment Report
- Michael Colvin, Director, California Energy Program, Evironmental Defense Fund
- Alexis Sutterman, Program Manager, Energy Equity Program, California Environmental Justice Alliance
- Cisco DeVries, CEO, OhmConnect
- Carl Guardino, Executive VP, Government Affairs and Policy, Bloom Energy
- Sam Newell, Principal, Brattle Group
- Sally McGarrahan, Associate Vice Chancellor, University of California, Berkeley
- Brian Biering, Legal Counsel, American Clean Power Association
- Alex Morris, Executive Director, Executive Director, California Storage Alliance
The agenda, the subcommittee background report, the May 2022 CAISO report, and speakers’ slides also are available here.