Media Advisory: Becker To Hold Hearing On Creating High Quality Clean Energy Jobs TODAY At 1:30pm
(Sacramento) – Looking at the progress California has made when it comes to creating “high road,” high quality, clean energy jobs is the goal of today’s hearing of the Senate Subcommittee on Clean Energy Future, chaired by Senator Josh Becker (D-Menlo Park).
Who: Senator Josh Becker, Chair, Senate Subcommittee on Clean Energy Future
What: Hearing looking at California’s progress in creating high quality, clean energy jobs
When: Tuesday, November 29, 2022, at 1:00pm
Where: In-person: 1020 O Street, Room 2200, Sacramento
Via video: Go to www.senate.ca.gov and click on the link under “Today’s Events” on the right side of the page.
Witnesses who will appear before the committee include:
• Carol Zabin, Senior Advisor, Green Economy Program, Berkeley Center for Labor Research and Education
• Betony Jones, Director, Office of Energy Jobs, U.S. Department of Energy
• Sam Appel, CA State Manager, BlueGreen Alliance
• Tim Jeffries, Business Manager, Boilermakers Local 549
• Tyson Bagley, President, United Steelworkers (USW) Local 326
• Rick Brown, Chair of the Board, Terra Verde LLC
The agenda and a background paper for the hearing will provide useful information on the history of this issue and anyone who would like to comment during the hearing should view the information on how to join by teleconference.
First elected in 2020, Senator Becker represents the 13th Senate District covering portions of Santa Clara and San Mateo counties and includes the cities of Menlo Park, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Mateo, Santa Clara, South San Francisco, and Sunnyvale.
PRESS CONTACT: Evan Goldberg at email@example.com.